I work in a hospital transporting patients. I have for the past six years, it pays decent enough for me to afford to work and go to school full time. The hospital i work for decided to outsource the management of the dept.
This is a management company brought into a unionized hospital. I for one am in the union but I’m not big on unions. i believe they can keep people in a job that deserve to be fired. now that is stated, the employees are what you might say idiots. if you have a concern about an issue, say a patient issue. where patient safety could be an issue, they will respond with “i will have to talk to ______ about it”. that is it. that is all you will get out of the whole thing. you will never see any change, or anyone ask you about it, that is it.
I waitressed for many years. All through college, then afterwards to help make ends meet (my first ‘real’ job was as an editorial assistant for 18K/year). I also waitressed when I went back to grad school. I worked in both fine dining and little diners.
Here are some of waitresses’ top ten peeves;
* Customers who let their kids run around the restaurant, smear ketchup and sugar all over the tables and chairs. Be a PARENT, idiots!
* People who treat you like you’re stupid. I knew many people with masters’ degrees who went back to waitressing. They’re probably smarter than some of you SOB’s out there with prestigious, but miserable, careers.
* People who make you repeat the salad dressings, specials, desserts, what have you, ten times. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t listening. What are the dressings again?” So you stand there and for the eighth time repeat, Blue cheese, russian, thousand island, ranch and honey dijon. Then the next idiot at the table, “I wasn’t listening. What were they again?” MORONS!
* People who leave you piles of pennies or shitty tips. If you can’t afford to tip, eat at home. If you disagree with the tipping system, eat at home. This is our bread and butter and we work hard for it.
Here’s the good things about waitressing;
* Very sociable job
* You stay in GREAT shape
* In the right place, the money can be fantastic
* Free or cheap food
* Schedules are often flexible — they’re used to accomdating students, moms, people who come and go a lot
I have since left the field but the one I’m in now gives me less satisfaction. I’m now in a ‘professional’ field and I get more ‘respect’ I suppose….but I miss the camaraderie of restaurants, I miss the running around, the late nights…
Perhaps I’ll start doing it on the side again
Cuckold Dating at CuckoldDater.com for people into Cuckolding.
I work in a large office where we are broken down into “team”. Well, on my team is a lady named “Virgie” who is the biggest perfectionist on earth! When I first met her she told me she has a small case of OCD. YEAH RIGHT and here is why:
She will come in 1-2 hours before everyone else (EVERYDAY) to clean our work areas even though we have cleaning people at night…
She takes 1 personal day a month because she has to have her haircut on the EXACT same day as the month before. Virgie will not only clean my office but also re-arrange my pictures to how SHE thinks they should look! She is also famous for stealing my garbage to see what I have thrown away.
The tip of the iceburg is how she whines to the boss (who she kisses butt to so bad he’s blind to the fact she’s a freak) that no one else ever cleans or pulls their weight like she does and we all get lectured Oh did I mention how she has an obsession with being thin and will insult anyone who isn’t, including a co-worker who is 8 months pregnant. The funny thing is, she must be about 25 lbs over-weight herself.
Virgie is never, ever wrong in her eyes and everyone else always is. There is nothing she does not already know.
The worst part is how rude she is to clients. Virgie has told clients they don’t look like they can afford our services, that they need to clean up to even talk to us! And when we tell the boss….once again he’s blind”